TEN TIPS FOR AVOIDING CRIME
1. Be Alert! Keep your head up. Be aware of your surroundings.
2. Vary Your Routines. Predictability makes you a more likely target.
3. Lock It! Home, car, office - locks are your first line of defense.
4. Make Your Home A Tough Target. Use floodlights, motion sensors, a security system, deadbolts, etc.
5. Foil Car-jackers. Keep windows/doors locked; check mirrors and blind spot when stopped. Stay one to one and a half lengths away from the car ahead of you. Sound your horn and flash your lights if you think you're being approached by a car-jacker.
6. Avoid Car Thefts. Lock it! Use an anti-theft device. Turn the wheels when you park. Never leave a spare key inside the car. Park in a well-lighted place. Put packages in the trunk.
7. Be Creative. Think of unusual ways to protect yourself and your valuables.
8. Be Informed. Learn the crime trends in your area and work to protect yourself against them.
9. Get Involved. Have your joined or organized a Neighborhood Watch?
10. Don't Give Up! Crime can be reduced - with action, not apathy!
Visit www.personalsafetykits.com for self defense and personal safety products!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Pepper Spray, Plan ahead, Safety Advice, Safety Tips, Self Defense, Self Defense Tips