- Use the measures outlined in this page.
- Call the police at once if you notice suspicious strangers loitering near or in your place of business.
- Never block the view into your store by crowding display windows. It is important to maintain visibility into your business establishment at all times.
- Secure your teller and cashier operations. Install barriers to keep unauthorized persons out of these areas.
- If practical, mark doorways at varying heights to allow proper identification of robber's height.
- Install a holdup alarm system.
- Install a timed delay switch to turn off exterior lights after your employees have gone for the night.
- Use two people to open and close your business. Establish a system of prearranged signals. One person should stay outside until the other gives the all-clear signal.
- Keep cash on the premises to a minimum. Make frequent pickups of money from registers and make regular bank deposits.
- Do not establish a habitual routine when making bank deposits. Robbers will soon learn it.
- Keep the safe in your place of business locked at all times.
- Check the references of job applicants before you hire them.
- In the event you are contacted about an emergency at your business, and the call is of questionable validity, please verify the call with the police dispatcher, before going to your business.
- Have frequent meetings with your employees in order to familiarize them with holdup prevention measures, which you have initiated.
If You Are Held Up:
- Remain calm.
- Do not resist.
- Be identification conscious. Observe the holdup suspect carefully for future identification.
- Report the robbery immediately-dial 911 and don't hang up.
- If possible, protect the crime scene: do not let anyone disturb it. Wait for police.
- Cooperate with police. By doing as they request you will help solve the crime.
- Reduce Criminal Opportunity and Protect Your Business
Visit www.personalsafetykits.com for self defense and personal safety products!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: burglary advice, holdup prevention, Plan ahead, Safety Tips, Self Defense, Self Defense Tips, Self Protection Tips